Tuesday, August 16, 2016

*PUSHING PAST COMFORT*


DISSATISFIED! There are seasons in my life where I consistently feel unsatisfied. There has to be more to life! I have come to the conclusion that when I am most discontent is when I am most comfortable. I do not like being comfortable, it gets boring so quick, I seek thrill and new adventures. Yet I fall into my comfort level so quickly... For most we strive to achieve a level of comfort in life, to be at ease and in control. Some things that can provide that comfort level are; making good money, the purchase of a home, having a family, a retirement plan, etc... 

But are you happy? I constantly come across people that have achieved everything on their list to be comfortable and most of them are unhappy and unsatisfied with their lives. Don't get me wrong...Yes I want to own my home, Yes my family is important to me, Yes making good money & having a retirement plan is important. Those are all comfortable goals, what risk are you taking? What happens after you have accomplished all of that? What other goals are there in life? I think what we all really seek is purpose, and we get so caught up in being comfortable we forget that we wanted more out of life and in turn become unsatisfied. 

If you're not happy with where you are than its YOUR responsibility to change it. Start with adopting a growth mindset, become a self expert (what makes you come alive? What are your natural gifts? What are your God given gifts? And which careers or positions align with those things?) These are all things I'm working on myself... Become comfortable with taking risks and embracing the adventures that come along with it. At the end we only regret the chances we don't take and I don't want to look back at my life and say I wish I would of done that.  

I've been encouraging myself more and more to pray, plan and prep for what's around the corner. Life can be thrilling if you let it. I don't want to settle for a good life, I want a great life and I want to be intentional in my pursuit of GREAT! I also want to enjoy the journey, take risks,  and not become complacent in my own comfort zone.




No comments:

Post a Comment